Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sleeping

I feel like that is what I have been doing! But really I have just filled my days with "busy"ness. Trying to take away some of the feelings of failure I have and just craving that wanted feeling. I mean all we really want is to be wanted...right! Well...I want some business to want me to work for them so I can take the financial burden off of my wonderful dh shoulders. But I just gave that burden to someone who has filled my day and life with love and hope.....and peace.

Ususally when I head to bed I listen to my dh snore....hehe...and then thoughts of my day flood my head, concerns for things of tomorrow and hopes for the future just race thru my head. So I switch on the prayer switch and just lay it all out for Jesus.

King David should have had a much harder time then me falling asleep...after all his own son Absalom had rebelled against him and had gathered a crew of soldiers to kill him. Yet in Psalm 3:5 he said,"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." David slept like a baby because he trusted every part of his life to be in the hands of the Lord. So even though I know today I will be pursued by stress and strife trying to sap away my quality of life....I will look to the the Lord as my source of life, peace and rest.

No sleeping pill is a better prescription for rest than spending some pillow talk prayer time with Jesus....so I will have sweet dreams! I will give my worries for today to him!

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Journeying Five said...

amen!
and i like the new look of your blog...was that in anyway influenced by big daddy?

 
At February 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Boy can I relate to this one, Kim! Some real honesty there...thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home