Friday, January 23, 2009

Hats

My devotion today was about hats! Yep, you've got it! Hats! I love hats....don't look very good in a hat..but I've come to realize they keep my head & ears warm. Especially in this chilly weather.
But that's not the kind of hat my devotional was about. It was about all the different hats we wear as a wives, mothers, teachers, nurses, counselors, chauffeurs, coaches, chefs and housekeepers. We sometimes lose the focus of who we are because of all our hats. I know I often have to stop and re-evaluate which hats I should be wearing.
God's word is pretty clear, "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might BECOME the righteousness of God."
I get to BECOME. Becoming is a process that takes time and determination and a willingness to put the past behind us and look forward to becoming a new being. This takes time.....hmmmmm! When I make my relationship with JC my #1 priority I will be all I need to be while becoming the righteousness of God. One day....I will look good in the hats God has designed specifically for me. Today my prayer is that God will show me which hats I need to focus on for today or maybe even take off altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home