Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Return

My devotion for today was very powerful. I don't always realize how important it is to actually return to God. The dictionary defines the word return as follows:
1. To go or come back, as to an earlier condition or place.
2. To revert in speech, thought, or practice.
3. To revert to a former owner.
4. To answer or respond.
Returning to God is a practice we will have to engage in over and over in life. The point is not how many times we return to Him, but that we make the effort to do so. To bring our heart back to that first moment we believed and have the longing to be totally with Him.
Whatever your return looks like, don't put it off any longer. And don't doubt that He will return to you. Don't believe lies that you are the exception or that you are asking too much of Him. His Word tells us differently. In Hebrews 7:19 says, "…a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God" (NIV). God made the ultimate way for us to return—through His Son, whose death on the cross allowed us to approach the throne of grace with confidence (Hebrews 4:16). By Him we draw near to God. Not because we are worthy, but because He is.
Dear Lord, I need to return to You. Thank You for making it my choice because You love me and want to be in a real relationship with me. I thank You for waiting for me with open arms. Today I am choosing to fall into those open arms again. Thank You that You gave Your Son so that I can always return to You without shame. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Journeying Five said...

good to have you back! your thoughts are very insightful. hope 2010 is good to you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home